Purchasing & Sourcing Manager
Job Title: Ross Reels Purchasing & Sourcing Manager (PSM)
Industry Sector: Fishing & Manufacturing
Job Categories: Operations
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - Tony Lugard, COO / Plant Manager
Company Phone: 970-249-0606, ext. 15
The Position: Purchasing & Sourcing Manager
For over 40 years, Ross Reels™ has been a leading manufacturer of precision-machined fishing equipment and is widely recognized as one of the top outdoor product manufacturers in the world. The company enjoys a strong international reputation for precision, innovation, performance and world class customer service while maintaining their philosophy of manufacturing in their own western Colorado facility.
Brief Job Summary:
Ross Reels is seeking a skilled Purchasing & Sourcing Manager (PSM) for a full time position to be filled at their newly renovated factory in Montrose, CO. As a member of the production and operations team, this individual must have the ability to manage several hundred SKU’s and drive strategic cost down initiatives for all current and new factory purchasing. The PSM reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- - Responsible for driving cost down initiatives on current bill-of-materials and manufacturing purchasing.
- Utilize and develop planning and cost analysis for manufacturing ERP system
- Ability to quickly build strong rapport and relationships with suppliers
- Sourcing of components and raw materials
- Inventory management
- Key production events such as anodizing, factory assembly, and shipping
- Operating budgets
- - Provide day-to-day planning and assistance to production personnel who are responsible for driving manufacturing activities.
- Production personnel includes the assembly team (3-4 people), shipping/receiving team (1-2 people), and manufacturing team (6-8 people)
- - 3-5 years experience in related field.
- Ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Operations.
- - Must be willing to relocate to Montrose, CO USA (81401) or surrounding area
- - Hands on experience with proven track record in conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and managing new projects
- - Strong analytical and computer related skills
- - Highly organized and detail-orientated
- - Ability to negotiate with key vendors
- - Demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team
- - Ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines
- - Computer software knowledge in MS Project, Excel, and Word. Working knowledge of ERP software systems (Netsuite or similar)
- - Pay is based on qualifications/resume and experience.
- - Benefits include a health insurance plan, paid-time-off (PTO), 401(k) plan with matching contributions and a great lifestyle in the Rocky Mountains!
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years